KYANNA Black Nurses Scholarship
Nursing Scholarship Criteria
KYANNA Black Nurses Association offers nursing scholarships to African-American students enrolled in the nursing major. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
1. Member of KYANNA as of March 31, 2022.
2. Enrolled in a pre-licensure registered nurse (ASN or BSN) or licensed practical nurse program, LPN>RN program, RN>BSN program, or a graduate nursing program.
3. Actively enrolled in the nursing major and taking classroom and clinical classes taught by nursing faculty.
4. Cumulative GPA of 2.6 or higher.
5. Attend a college/university in Jefferson County, Frankfort, Elizabethtown in KY or Floyd and Clark counties in southern Indiana.
6. Submit an application packet (application, recommendation letters, transcript and essay) by May 15, 2022.
7. Submit two letters of recommendation from nursing faculty (or one from nursing faculty and one from your academic advisor) supporting your character and academic potential.
8. Submit a transcript of the most recent semester from your college or university (official or unofficial).
9. Submit a short essay (250 words or less) on why you have selected nursing as your career choice. Include community service/church activities.
10. Scholarship recipients are to follow up with correspondence to KYANNA explaining how the scholarship has been a benefit to their education.
Scholarship applications and all required information must be completed and returned as a packet to KYANNA . The packet must be postmarked by the May 15th deadline. E-mail or mail to KYANNA:
KYANNA, Nursing Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 3501, Louisville, KY 40201
E-mail to Robisandra2@aol.com
Note: Scholarship recipients will be announced in June.
Click here for application
Outstanding Nurse Awards
KYANNA would like to pay tribute to outstanding African American and minority nurses who have demonstrated excellence and achievements in the areas of nursing leadership, research, community involvement / advocacy, long-term care, clinical practice, and nursing education. Please take a moment to identify and nominate potential recipients for these awards below. Awards are given to recipient during Annual Scholarship Gala.
· Licensed LPN, RN, or APRN
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience in nursing
· Exhibits excellence and achievement in his/ her nursing area
Awardee should be present at our Annual Leadership and Scholarship Event to receive the award.