Membership is open to currently practicing or retired registered nurses (RNs), licensed practical/vocational nurses (LPNs/LVNs), and nursing students who express commitment to the philosophy of KYANNA and NBNA.
· Chapter and national student support and scholarships
· Professional recognition through local and NBNA Awards Programs
· Local and national conferences, including continuing education contact hours
· Career counseling and job search assistance
· Subscription to Journal of the National Black Nurses Association, The NBNA News, and
KYANNA BNA News
· Networking with African American nurses locally and around the world
· A unified voice for the profession of nursing in Kentucky and in partnerships with
local, state, national, and federal organizations
· Speaking engagements at national and local conferences,
National Medical Association Health Policy Colloquium, National Minority Quality
· External Advisory Committee Appointments
* Member only group is available on Facebook where KYANNA members network and various local and national employment and scholarship opportunities are advertised.